Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg is used to treat severe malaria caused by the plasmodium parasite. Often it is also used as a part of combination therapies like Artesunate plus Mefloquine. This injection contains Artesunate, which belongs to a class of drugs known as antimalarials. These drugs interfere with the growth of plasmodium parasites in the red blood cells. In addition, they are believed to act by creating harmful chemicals within the malarial parasites, causing their death.
One should receive an Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg as prescribed by the doctor for the best effects. Do not self administer this injection. Your healthcare provider will give it to you under a medical facility. In addition, your doctor will determine the dosage of this injection, depending on your medical condition, tolerance, age, gender, etc. You can read the leaflet for the official guidelines and ensure the proper use of this injection.
Precautions for Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg
Share the list of medications you take, currently including herbal, prescription, nonprescription, and supplements, with your healthcare provider before commencing treatment with this medication. In addition, inform your healthcare provider if you are allergic to Artesunate or any of its components. Also, you should notify your doctor if you have heart disease, kidney or liver disease, or any other problems before initiating treatment with Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg.
Consider Taking the below-listed Measure Also:-
- Receive Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg as long as your healthcare provider has prescribed it to you without missing any dosage.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you have an allergy, kidney, heart, or liver disease before you start using this medicine.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages during the treatment course as excess intake of alcohol while taking this medicine may worsen side effects.
- Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg is not safe during pregnancy and may cause harm to the unborn baby and the mother. Avoid using this injection if you are pregnant.
- While taking this medicine, you may feel dizzy or sleepy. So, do not drive, operate heavy machinery or work on heights until you know how this medicine affects you.
Therefore, the above listed are the points one needs to consider during the treatment course with Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg. Moreover, you can read the official guidelines and consult your healthcare provider for more information regarding this medicine.
Possible Side Effects
Unlike other medications, Artesunate Injection IP 60 Mg offers mild to moderate adverse reactions. In general, those side effects resolve gradually and go away once the treatment is over. Consult your healthcare provider if symptoms persist or worsen.
Common Side Effects:-
- Loss of appetite
So, these are a few common side effects listed above caused by this medicine. You can get more information regarding the side effects offered by this medication by consulting your healthcare provider.